Best Electronic Tuner for Harp
Tuning your harp is perhaps one of the most daunting tasks as a harpist. However, with the best electronic tuner under your care, tuning your harp can be a smooth process after all. But with the many electronic tuners flooded on the market, chances of choosing the correct product for your harp are slim.
For that reason, we provide you 10 best electronic tuners that you can consider buying to tune your harp.
|Name||Brand||Detection Range||Calibration Range||Warranty||Check Price|
|Snark ST-8 Super Tight Clip||Snark||Not mentioned||415 – 466Hz||5 – Years|
|KLIQ MetroPitch||KLQ||A0 – C8||410 – 450Hz||3 – Years|
|Korg CA-30||Korg||C1 – C8||410 – 480Hz||3 – Years|
|KLIQ UberTuner||KLIQ||A0 – C8||430 – 450Hz||3 – Years|
|Korg OT-120||Korg||A0 – C8||A4=349 – 499Hz||3 – Years|
|Korg CA40||Korg||A0 – C8||A4=410 – 480Hz||3 – Years|
|Fender FT-2||Fender||B0 – B7||A=440Hz||3 – Years|
|Korg TM40||Korg||C1 – C8||A4=410 – 480Hz||3 – Years|
|Tetra-Teknica Essential Series EMT – 800||Tetra-Teknica||A0 – C8||430 – 450 Hz||3 – Years|
|Korg CA-2 Chromatic Tuner||Korg||A0 – C8||410 – 480Hz||3 – Years|
10 Best Electronic Tuners for Harp
Snark ST-8 Super Tight Clip – Best Overall
- Display Rotates 360 Degrees (works for right or left-handed players)
- "Stay Put" Clip
- Tap Tempo Metronome
- Pitch Calibration (415-466Hz)
Owing to Snark ST-8’s wide range of pitch detection and superior octave makes this tuner for harp the most rated available for fine-tuning your device to the perfect music pitch. It features a 3600 swivel head to enable tuning your harp at all angles you want.
It comes with a new brighter high-definition display allowing you to see all the reading with accuracy. With the newly redesigned processing chip and the excellent pitch calibrations, you are guaranteed accurate tuning of your harp.
· 3600 swivel head
· Tap Tempo Metronome
· Adjustable Pitch Calibration (415 – 466Hz)
· Super Tight Gripped Clip
- Easy to use
- Easy to read with a brighter display
- Highly accurate
- Lacks frequency display
KLIQ MetroPitch – Best for Professionals
- 3-in-1 Device: The MetroPitch combines a Tuner, a Metronome, and a Tone Generator, all housed in a pocket-sized device. The included carrying pouch makes for easy transport to your next gig or practice.
- Versatile Tuner: The fast and accurate tuner boasts a wide range of A0-C8, various tuning modes, transposition settings, and pitch calibration. So whichever instrument you play, it's got you covered!
- Tap Tempo Metronome: With a broad range of 30-250 Beats Per Minute, tap tempo, and various beats and rhythm patterns, this metronome will improve your timing in a rich variety of musical styles.
- Easy to Use: The intuitive JOG Dial let's you literally dial in your desired tempo quickly and easily. It also allows for making swift pitch selection in the Tone Generator, among many other functions.
- 3-Year Manufacturer Guarantee: In the unlikely event the KLIQ MetroPitch breaks or stops working, we'll replace it or give you 100% of your money back, no questions asked.
The MetroPitch is a 3-in-1 electronic turner that combines a Tuner, Metronome, and Tone generator. It comes in a carrying pouch for ease of transport from one gig to another. This versatile tuner is fast and accurate. It boasts a wide range of A0-C8 with different tuning modes, pitch calibration, and transposition settings.
It features a Tap Tempo Metronome with a wide range of 30-250 beats per minute. With the different beats and rhythm patterns, you will enhance your harp timing in a rich variety of musical styles significantly.
· Built-in folding kickstand
· LCD with LED indicators
· Dynamic speaker & headphone jack with volume control
· High sensitivity inbuilt mic
- The metronome function is fantastic
- Very precise
- Quick and stable readings
- The battery drains a bit quickly
Korg CA-30 – Best Premium Choice
This electric tuner is designed to provide a high-precision LCD needle-type meter to enable stable tuning of harp string and other string instruments. It features a wide range of pitch detection that covers C1 to C8. Besides, its calibration function accommodates various music pitches.
It features an ultra-compact body design making it lightweight for ease of pocket carrying. Even with the compact design, it is fully packed with exceptional features required for fine-tuning your harp strings. Check out some of the notable features.
· High-precision LCD meter
· Adjustable calibration
· Built-in speakers
· Ultra-compact design
- Small and lightweight for portability
- Very precise
- Longer battery life
- A little difficult to read the needle in the dark
KLIQ UberTuner – Best Value
- Fast & Accurate: Spend more time playing, and less time tuning. The UberTuner's advanced Micro Processor and highly sensitive Piezo Sensor will ensure your instrument is accurately tuned in a flash.
- Super Bright Display: The large color display allows you to easily see if you're flat, sharp, or dead-on from any angle. With 3 points of adjustment, you can position the screen in any way you like.
- Easy to Use: Turn it on, clip it on, and you're ready to tune. Since the tuner detects the pitches directly from your instruments' vibrations, ambient room noise will never get in the way.
- Reliable: With a strong and durable design, this tuner was built to last. From light use by the music hobbyist to heavy abuse by the touring road warrior, the UberTuner will get you in tune every time.
- 3-Year Manufacturer Guarantee: In the unlikely event the KLIQ UberTuner stops working, we'll replace it or give you 100% of your money back, no questions asked.
The KLQ UberTuner is designed for those looking for a fast and precise turner for your harp. The advanced Micro Processor and highly sensitive Piezo Sensor ensure the harps’ higher strings are well-tuned in a blink.
The large bright display enables you to see if you are flat, sharp, or dead-on from any angle. And with a 3-points adjustment, you position the screen in any way you want. It detects the pitches right from the harp’s vibrations while blocking the ambient room noise from interfering.
· Multi-point screen adjustability
· Full-color display
· 3V CR2032 Lithium battery
- Strong build for durability
- Quick and easy tune
- Bright and clear screen for ease of reading
- The on and off button is a little unclear
Korg OT-120 – Best for Beginners
- Chromatic tuner with a wide 8 octave detection range that supports band and orchestra instruments.
- Dual display provides both a needle-type meter and an LCD for excellent visibility.
- Sound Back mode plays a reference pitch for the note that's closest to the input pitch. The meter indicates the discrepancy between the input and the correct pitch. (This feature requires the additional purchase of the CM-100L microphone.)
- Multiple Temperaments support historical tunings
- Transpose mode is convenient for wind instruments. The factory package dimensions for the KOR OT120 is 3.75” (W) x 5.75” (D) x 2.5” (H)
The Korg OT-120 is one of the chromatic tuners with up to an 8-octave detection range to support both band and orchestra instruments. With the dual display, you get both LCD and needle-type meter for exceptional visibility. Therefore, you will tune your harp in a flash.
This harp tuner comes with larger and louder speakers to enable you to hear all the sound out and back modes. That way, you can easily tune or practice sound correction with the packing of precision performance and the sophisticated functionality of its vertical design that provides ease of hold during operation.
· 8 Octave detection range
· Needle-type meter
· Backlit LCD
· Sound Back mode
- Excellent chromatic tuner
- Large dials for easy operation
- Sleek metal design for durability
- The soft, lightweight case might not last
Korg CA40 – Best for Concert Pitches
- A compact chromatic tuner, ideal for use with brass band or orchestra
- Larger and more easily readable high-precision LCD needle-style meter
- Wide detection range from A0 - C8
- Calibration function that accommodates a variety of concert pitches
- Sound Out function that lets you produce a reference tone from the internal speaker. The tuner will remember the pitch you select
Korg CA40 is a compact electric tuner ideal for tuning your harp strings with dependable high-accuracy of the LCD needle style meter. With the wide detection range, this harp tuner will effectively accommodate a wide variety of pitches.
You can make use of the built-in high-sensitivity microphone to precisely detect the pitch of your harp strings. You can adjust the pitch in 1 Hz steps within a range of 410-480 HZ with the calibration to accommodate even more pitches.
· Auto Power Off
· Sound Out function
· Needle-style meter
· Built-in high-sensitivity microphone
- Large LCD
- Compact and lightweight
- Wide range of detection
- LCD not backlit thus difficult to see the needle clearly
Fender FT-2 – Most Versatile
- Compact, dual-hinged clip-on tuner
- Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, Violin and Chromatic tuning modes
- Color LCD screen with easy-to-read tuning needle
- Tuning Range B0 - B7; A440 calibration
- Includes CR2032 battery
The Fender FT-2 is an electric chromatic tuner featuring a multi-function clip-on tuner to help tune your harp even on the dark stages. The built-in vibration sensor allows you to easily fine-tune your harp even in the noisiest concert stages.
The color LCD is clear and large enough for easy-to-read. Once you clip the tuner on your harp, the needle will indicate how close to pitch each note is and will move to the center of the display when the note is perfectly tuned.
· Compact and lightweight design
· Color LCD screen
· Built-in vibration sensor
- Small and compact for portability
- Easy to use
- Adjustable angle for better tuning
- Low battery life
Korg TM40 – Best for Accuracy
The Korg TM40 is designed to provide both tuner and metronome functions either simultaneously or independently. It features a large LCD for excellent visibility of the needle indicator. The LED indicators will show the pitch deviation or blink to show the tempo.
The wide range of pitch detections provides a quick and precise coverage of a wide range of notes and pitches for your harp and other string instruments. The built-in high-sensitivity microphone will allow you to regulate your harp easily and with precision.
· Key Features
· Large LCD Screen
· LED Indicators
· Built-in high-sensitivity microphone
- Wide pitch detection range
- High precision
- Large display for greater visibility
- Lacks low battery life indicator
Tetra-Teknica Essential Series EMT – 800 – Best Portable
- 3in1 digital metronome, tuner and tone generator with large LCD display
- Metronome tempo range 30-260 beats per minute; 0–9 beats per measure; 9 rhythms available; adjustable sound volume, can be very loud
- 5 tuning modes available: chromatic, guitar, bass, ukulele, violin. Pickup range A0 (27.5Hz) – C8 (4186Hz), tuning range 430-450Hz, tuning tolerance ±0.5cent. 1 INPUT cable with clamp included
- Activate tone generator by pressing SOUND button when in tuner mode
- Powered by battery, 2 AAA batteries included. Automatically shuts off in 3 minutes in tuner mode if no sound detected. 3 years manufacture warranty
Tetra-Teknica Series EMT-800 is a 3-in-1 digital metronome, tuner, and tone generator featuring a large LCD for better visibility. It comes in a lightweight yet solid design making it an excellent pocket-size harps tuner.
It features an adjustable volume so that you can adjust to a comfortable hearing level when tuning. Has green and
white background light and LED lights to make the tuning process easier and even more precise.
· 5 tuning modes
· Automatic shutoff function
· Adjustable sound volume
· 9 rhythms
- Easy to tune with the LED lights
- Comfortable hearing with adjustable sound volume
- Affordable price
- It Maybe not as durable
Korg CA-2 Chromatic Tuner – Best Bargain Budget
- Large, high visibility display with a needle-style meter
- Compact, slim and lightweight body
- A wide variety of tuning functions that are suitable for a variety of instruments
- Adjustable calibration (410-480 Hz); Pure major third & minor third indicators
The Korg CA-2 is an electronic chromatic tuner for harps that have become a popular standard in tuners as well as an indispensable tool for tuning general harp and other higher strings instruments. This is due to superior basic functionality and convenient functions.
It comes with a new slim, lightweight, stylish design to allow easy carrying. The large LCD allows clear visibility of the needle. The CA-2 allows high-precision tuning of your harp for personal and concert practice.
· Adjustable calibration
· Large LCD
· Needle-style meter
· 200 hours of battery life
- Easy to read with large LCD
- Affordable price
- High precision
- Lacks a stand
What to Consider When Buying an Electronic Tuner for your Harp
Whether you are a beginner or a professional harpist, it is crucial to know what kind of electronic tuner is best for your requirement. So, let’s look at few factors to keep in mind when buying an electronic tuner for your harp.
· LED Lights
A tuner with LED lights will allow you to have a better chance of fine-tuning your harp. Moreover, those tuners that come with a combination of light signal and the needle works even better. The two features are very helpful during tuning.
It is important to consider electronic tuners that are more durable with longer battery life and with a broad note range. That way, you will use it for longer while tuning at a different note range.
· Mic Clip
A mic clip is a crucial feature to consider when buying an electric tuner for your harp. The mic will enable you to hear the sounds as you adjust to different levels.
· Automatic Shutoff
An automatic shutoff function comes in handy in keeping the battery life longer. When the tuner is left idle for some time the automatic shutoff feature will turn it off thus keeping your battery from continuous drain even when idle.
· Multiple Positioning
A good electronic tuner should come with multiple positioning to allow you to tune your harp at whichever angle you want. As such, consider a tuner with a 360-degree swivel angle.
Without a doubt, you don’t want to spend more time tuning than playing the music you love. For that reason, you need a high precise tuner you can get.
A tuner that comes with a warranty is always reliable. The longer the warranty the better.
You must understand that not all electric tuners are compatible with all types of harps owing to their different structure and functionality. There are only particular electronic tuners that can help tune your harp. The best type of electric tuners for harps are chromatic tuners. So, always consider them over other types for tuning your harp.
Now that we have gone through the 10 best electronic tuners for harp and some of the factors to consider when buying one, we hope you have valuable insights into buying the best product for tuning your harp. With these, you can be sure to get the best electronic tuner for your harp available on the market.